Do you have a Sammy Terry Memory?
Frightening Fun Facts
Sammy Terry has entertained and terrorized fans throughout the region for more than 50 years. A few things you may not know . . . or be too scared to ask:
- Started @ WTTV4 in 1962
- The original contract for Sammy Terry was for 13 weeks.. 56 years later he’s still making a Killing
- Longest running TV Horror Host in the World
- Favorite place to Shop…. Any “Body” Shop
- Sammy has been the Grand Marshall in 51 parades
- Favorite watering Hole…. Blood Bank
More Frightening Fun Facts
- Sammy performs stage shows and game shows at events and festivals throughout the year
- Favorite place to meditate…. The embalming room at a mortuary
- Sammy Terry’s Creator, Bob Carter coined the phrase “Finger Lickin’ Good” for Colonel Sanders
- Sammy Terry was one of the first inductees into the Horror Host Hall of Fame in 2011 and was inducted into the Indiana Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 2013.
- In 1972 Governor Edgar Whitcomb proclaimed October 31, 1972 – Halloween, of course – as Sammy Terry Day throughout the State of Indiana.